Monday, April 27, 2020

April 27, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. More Cooking.

Every day for lunch I eat either red beans and rice or a cheese sandwich with bread and butter pickles. Tomorrow will be the end l of the beans and rice which pleases me. Foolishly, I used two packages. Perhaps I should have frozen half but I persevered and now tomorrow the pot will be empty and I will return it to the rice cooker. Fortunately I have a big chunk of sharp cheddar and as I had two loaves of bread I am good for many more lunches. Christina set me up to order from Krogers but she was not able to access my store. I will not order until I have used all the food in this house. I am determined even though I am eating an odd diet. This evening I cooked again. Unfortunately I put too many seasonings on the hamburger patties and they were too strong. But they were juicy and tender and I enjoyed them along with half a can of creamed corn. And I ate a large dill pickle. My cooking was not as successful as the chicken. Next time I will not use the box of salt. I do not know what happens when you eat too much salt but I am about to find out. I do drink a lot of water with my meals which is probably a good thing. This summer in Nova Scotia, I will be without the caterer. I have been thinking of options. One idea was to go out for our main meal, perhaps at noon. For supper we could eat a salad or yogurt. Another idea is to have me cook but as I am only batting 500 so perhaps that would be a bad idea. The last thought is to only come to visit me if the guest is prepared to cook, like in Mexico. The right way will show itself, I feel sure.

No comments: