Friday, April 17, 2020

April 17, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Keys.

My keys disappeared right out of my purse. The devil must have swooped down and removed them just to keep me humble. Today I had an appointment with my eye doctor. Kashina could not work today so I used Lyft to get me there. I locked the door to the house and headed to the mailbox to leave a letter for the mailman to pick up. But the Lyft driver drove into the driveway and got out to help me in. And he offered to take my mail to the box. He returned to the car with mail. I still had the keys in my hand so I offered to have hime put the old mail inside the house. But I changed my mind and asked him to leave the mail on the stoop, which he did. The parking lot outside the large office building was roped off. In order to get in you must drive to the second floor and take the overhead walkway to the building. Inside was a desk with two ladies wearing white robes and masks. They asked me lots of questions. When I passed that test, a nurse behind the table took my temperature. Finally I was able to use the elevator to get to my appointment. Then I waited. And I waited. I had not opened my purse. Finally I was in a small waiting room right inside the offices to wait for a room. I put my purse on the chair beside me. My purse fell and my phone dropped out. I picked it up and checked the floor to see if anything else had fallen. It was then that I could not find my keys. I felt sure I had dropped the keys in the car of the Lyft driver so I called him. My keys were not in his car but he did say that he was going to be downtown and if I called him he would pick me up, which was good. Next I thought I had dropped the keys when I almost gave him the keys. But when we got home the keys were not in the driveway. My keys were lost. Fortunately I keep an extra key outside and beside the fountain in front, under an old pottery base. The driver found the key and opened the door for me. I have an appointment at a Subaru dealer on Wednesday to get another key for the car. Kashina will be here and will drive me. How can a key just disappear? It must be someplace hiding. I think it is kind of funny. How can a key disappear in plain view? I figure it was the devil's work!

No comments: