Wednesday, April 29, 2020

April 29, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Dinner.

I am so pleased with myself. My dinner tonight was delicious, all cooked by me. Of course, I started with good meat, given to me by Joyce and Robbie. I cooked one of their beef tenderloin steaks which was delicious. And I did not ruin it in the cooking. Once in Mexico, Suzanne R. went with us to a restaurant in the next little town where the chef cooks right in front of you while he describes what he was doing. He cooked steak in a frying pan. Ken always cooked our steaks on the grill but I remembered that chef and cooked the steak in a pan on the stove. I even recalled how he did it, even to waiting a few minutes after the meat is cooked to allow the juices to stay in the meat. My dinner was delicious, as good as any meal in the finest restaurant. I ate a baked sweet potato served with butter, creamed corn, and the steak. I only lacked the wine. My dinner is perhaps the best dinner since I returned from Mexico. The good thing is I have three more of those beef tenderloin steaks in the freezer along with 6 hamburger patties. I am set for awhile. Sara Lou and I laughed on the phone the other day when we commented that as we are both mostly alone, our meals are the highlight of the day. Certainly dinner tonight met that standard.

No comments: