Thursday, September 10, 2020

September 10, 2020. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Friends.

My Mother taught me than in order to have a friend, I must be a friends. I must have heeded her words because In my life, I have always been blessed wih good friends. On Wednesday, friends Larry and Jan brouight lunch, cooked by Larry. We sat at the dining table and ate Larry's delicious chicken pot pie, with water melon for dessert. And we talked in the living room so they not only nourished my body but also my soul and spirit. They are good friends. Tomorrow evening I will have dinner with friend Sandra, along with friends John and Nancy. Anna will drop me at Sandra's home and then Sandra will drive us to Lane's for dinner. The new owner is Indian so I am hoping the menu will include some curry dishes. Friend Frances and I will have brunch together on Sunday, also at Lane's Privateer Inn. She has been kind to have lunch with me too this summer. For the past month, David has stopped in for a conversation which I have enjoyued. And of course, Walt and Mary brought dinner last Sunday, which was delightful. It is true that several friends are still not leaving their little bubble but I have enjoyed the brave friends who were willing to attend a restaurant. Celeste met me for lunch too. In addition, I talk on the phone with Mary and Walt several times a week. The same with Gill. She is once again quarantined after her return from New Jersey so we chat on the phone frequently. So between Anna, my helper, and my friends in Liverpool, I have not been alone for long. And for that I am grateful.

No comments: