Monday, September 14, 2020

September 14, 2020. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Home Made Soup.

Every Saturday for lunch we ate my home made soup. During my cooking days, I kept a tupper ware container in the freezer, where I put any left over food from the dinner pots. Then on Friday, I would take either turkey or chicken broth that I had previously made with the bones, put it into a pot, then add whatever was in the tupper wear container. Once I stirred and seasoned the mixture, it was ready for lunch on Saturday. Of course we called it left over souip, which was delicious and nourishing, and never the same. My cooking days are well behind me but today I made left over soup. Mary left me with the chicken and dumplings from her dinner. I have been slowly enjoying it at lunch but today I noted quite a lot of broth and a few dumplings still in the pot. I hate throwing good food away so this afternoon I added a box of chicken broth to the pot and stirred. And I cut up the dumplongs. I also added the last of the cranberry sauce plus some seasonings. Mary uses no salt for Walt with her cooking so a added a little of this and a little of that to the pot. Much to my surprise, the soup tasted good so I will eat a bowl of my home made soup every day for lunch. So hurrah for me. Once again I manufactured soup out of nothing. I was pleased with myself.

No comments: