Thursday, September 24, 2020

September 24, 2020. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Moving On.

This afternoon Mr.G. will drive me to the airport hotel where I will stay the night. Tomorrow I fly a circuitous route to San Antonio. I fly to Toronto. Then to Dulles, outside Washington, and finally on to San Antonio where I will be delighted to see Suzanne and David. This is the third time of booking my flight. The first two times the flights were cancelled so this was the only way to get from here to San Antonio. I am expecting delays and missed flights but perhaps I will get lucky. Anna is here helping today. Everything in the house has been arranged. The binoculars are put away. All objects on top of the coffee table and dining table have been removed. And elecxtrical appliances unplugged. Right now Anna is doing the laundry, the bedding, towels and clothes so when I arrive in 2021 everything will be clean. The refrigerator is empty with just a few things in the freezer. I have done a good job of finishing all the food. Anna will take just a few things home with her. When a home is left for a long period of time, the check list is long. But I believe everything is now in order. Soon Gill will come to say goodbye. The sea is calm and the day is beautiful so I hate to say goodbye to this delightful place. But I am moving on to Texas where I will stay for two weeks. I am certainly looking forward to seeing David and Suzanne and their new home. I am excited to be moving on.

No comments: