Monday, September 7, 2020

September 7, 2020. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Painting the House.

At first I thoiught well of the painter, whose name is Wes. The only issue was that he talked too much, both on the phone and in person. But I hired him because he was doing an excellent job painting the house for Walt and Mary. They are more exacting than me, so I felt that all would be well. He certainly worked diligently to prepare the house. He scraped for four days. And he promised to repair any rotten shingles which pleased me. But he is still at the job after four weeks. I want the job completed. At this rate the job will not be done before I leave. I have several issues with this painter. He arrives at 10:00 and leaves at 3:30. And he does not come every day. Sometimes he tells me when he is not coming and sometimes not. The problem with living on the shore is the fog. You can not paint in the fog. But you can repair rotted shingles in the fog. Yet the painters are not here. The other issue that does not please me is that he is always telling me what a good job he is doing and has done. I have no parience with people who always blow their own horn. We all have met agents who tell you how many houses they have sold this year. I was never impressed. I only care about the transaction we are dealing with. I have taken to avoid talking with Wes because of his propensity to brag about his expertise with painting houses. But I keep my mouth shut because he is actually doing a good job. But there are still shingles to be replaced and the finishing up of the house to be painted. But he and his crew are slow as snails. When the job is ever completed, I will pay him. And I will have a spectacular looking house. But how long will it take? I am going to find out.

No comments: