Sunday, September 13, 2020

September 13, 2020. Western Head, Nova Scotia. The Kayak Brunch.

We called it The Kayak Brunch. And Fran paid the bill. A year ago when I arrived, the workshop was full. My task was to clear it out because I needed the space to use as a bedroom for Ian and Godfrey. I gave the little trackter and cart to George. I suspended Ken's project from the ceiling and I cajoled Gill in to taking the kayak and conoe. The trouble for her was space. She already has two kayaks. After a few weeks, she suggested I give the conoe to George, who now lives on the river. That was a good solution because George and Sheila were delighted to have it. And life went on. Two weeks ago I had lunch with Celeste and she told me about the training day she and Fran had with an expert kayaker. The next time I met Fran she told me about the training session which she enjoyed. And she was looking for a used kayak. I did not say a word but when Gill came home from New Jersey I asked about Ken's kayak and suggested we could let Fran use it. She thought it was a splendid idea because the kayak would be used. If she has a houseful and she needs three, she could get it back while her company had gone home. Then I called and e mailed to Fran who was thrilled. And she picked the kayak up the next day. She and Celeste have already used their kayaks on the White Point lake and on Wednesday this week they will kayak on Victoria Lake, the lake by me just on the other side of the causeway. Ken would be pleased that his kayak is being used and enjoyed. So today Fran paid the bill and we celebrated at our kayak brunch.

No comments: