Wednesday, September 23, 2020

September 23, 2020. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Kindness.

I have been the benifiary of much kindness this summer. Today, late thgis afternoon friend Mary called to tell me that she would be bringing me fresh made chowder. I ate the whole thing along with warm rolls. It was the perfect meal for my last dinner in Western Head, all because of the kindness of Mary. And I have enjoyed home made mushroom soup, made by Mary and left in my fridge when I was out on Sunday. Friday evening, Gill and I enjoyed chicken curry, made by Larry. On Thursday, Larry and Jan brought lunch, which was a large greek salad and a home made lasagna. He also made a chicken curry for me, after I commented that I was disappointed the new owner who is from India, had not added a curry dish to the menu. I ate the left over lasagna for two meals while Gill and I enjoyed the curry dish and the left over salad. Larry and Jan will get gold stars for their kindness to me this summer. David drove us for a Sunday drive along the shore. I loved it. All the way he told me the history of the Nickerson Family. And we saw huge number of acres of tidal marshes and salt flats with oodles and oddles of shore birds. We saw many kinds of ducks and herons, egrets big and small and gulls. He enjoyed the drive but mostly he took me to be kind. This summer he has stopped in just to say hello and to have a bit of a conversation. He did not want me to be lonely and I appreciated his kindness. Friend Gill has been a good friend this summer. Even though she was quarentined several times, we spoke on the phone often and since she has been out of isolation she has stopped in every day. And my Liverpool friends have been more than kind to pick me up for lunch. So my summer has been just fine, all thanks to the kindness of my friends. And I am grateful.

No comments: