Wednesday, September 9, 2020

September 9, 2020. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Odd Behavior.

Today I received a request for a favor which I thought was odd, because the sender of the e mail was once a good friend. When we sold the cottage to someone else, our friend sent us a series of hostile e mails. And when we sold the boat to the new owner, the hostility increased ending our former friend telling us that he did not wish to see us ever again. i did not even get a sympathy note when Ken died. Now today I am asked for a favor which was for me to obtain a card for him from a local store. I said no but I thought the request was odd. Evidently he did not recall about bridges and burning them. Then on Friday I received a phone call from my handyman in Jackson asking me to lend him $10,000. He and his sons have purchased a piece of land. And he has a contract with the city to build low cost houses. I could not figure out what my money would to to help him, unless he was asking from several other people. I spoke to son David who gave mw good words. "I am not in any position to lend money," which were the words he gave. And I told that to the handyman who was fine. But again, I thought the behaviour odd. I think that forced isolation has made everyone a little nutty so I am expecting more odd behaviou in the future. And as things tend to run in threes, I suspect that someone soon will ask for a favor or for money. I seem to be on a roll.

No comments: