Wednesday, November 11, 2020

November 11, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Three Down.

Seven yet to go. Today I had the third radiation treatment. As I had observed before, the radiation department is effecient. When I arrive, I had been told to call a special phone. After I am identified, I am to park and go into the building where the young man will get me immediately. And so that has been happening. I come into the building and immediately the young man takes me to the treatment room. I use his strong young arm to take me. No waiting. No fuss or muss. Donna, my across the street neighbor drove me yesterday and Kashina took me on Monday and today. We leave at 10:40, ready for my appointment at 11:15. And we are home by noon. This evening, I noticed side effects. My stomach hurt and I was a bit nausiated. And of course, you can not avoid the fatigue. But I walked 4500 steps and I took a pill I used for nausea from the time of my infusion chemo. I drank a cup of chicken broth and a baked potato for dinner. Now I am fine. Knowing side effects are always difficult because you always get them. Mostly I ignore the symptoms but not tonight. Tomorrow, Donna will take me again. She would not hear of me taking a Lyft so she will drive twice a week. She is the same neighbor who sends me over dinners now and then. I am grateful for the help of my neighbors. The system is working well. Only 7 more treatments and I am done.

No comments: