Saturday, November 14, 2020

November 14, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Misery.

I seldom admit that anything is the matter with me. If I as asked, I always say walking and talking and that I am fine. And I am, except for all the other things that are the matter. But today I must admit. I feel miserable. This morning I was to go out for brunch at 9:30 but at 8:30 I as forced to cancel. I went back to bed and slept until noon. Greta Barbour called to bring me coffee and have a visit and I had to tell her no. Contacts with friends are important to me and I hated to cancel. But I was not up to the task today. Tomorrow, CXhristina will bring food here as I was not up to a visit to a restaurant. This is not good. I was not expecting difficulties with this radiation so it has caught me unawartes. After all I had radiation in 2000 and I was working. I did put a rollaway cot in the bathroom so I could nap but other than that, all was well. But I am older. And the radiation goes through my stomach. Starting Wednesday my stomach hurts and my food does not seem to digest well. I am keeping up my walking and exercises but not very vigorously. Fatigue seems to be a factor now too. I must get up my resolve to get the easiest tasks accomplished. But the worst thing is that for the last three nights I am not sleeping. I go to sleep and wake up in two hours only to toss and turn. I get up and drink a cup of hot milk. And I take Tylenol. Nothing works. At 3:00 in the middle of the night I took a shower and put hot water on my back and legs, both of which hurt all the time. I feel better just telling you how miserable I really am. Sorry to impose.

No comments: