Friday, November 6, 2020

November 6, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Simulation.

The place is all very high tech, both the machines and the people. Yesterday I was called to come in for the simulation for my radiation. They go through the particulars of where the radiation will go, making sure the two places for radiation will be covered. My appointment was for 10:30 today. Forrest, my lyft driver took me. And we were on time. The radiation department at Baptist Hospital is effecient. I waited one minute before being taken back. After the Ct scan, the technitians wrote on my belly while watching the scan. Today they did the same thing except today they were also manipulating the radiation machine. I lay on a very hard table. My instructions were to stay perfectly still, which sounds easy to do but is not. They would have preferred me to put my arms over my head but I can not do that so my arms were by my side. The machine comes from the right and the left and sometimes was right over my belly. Lots of numbers were called out from one to the other. The radiation doctor came to approve the numbers. And finally they wrote on my belly and side again. The old marks from Tuesday were washed away. They will hit me with radiation from three places, which is supposed to be more effective and causes fewer side effects on the skin. I now have a square right in my middle. Charming. After Forrest took me into the Cancer Center, he drove a gentleman to Madison, then headed back to pick me up. The timing was perfect. I was told that the simulation would take 30 minutes and they were right. I waited 2 minutes before Forrest arrived to take me home. Everyone seemed competant and pleasant. Now my radiation will begin on Monday at 11:15 and and will take in total 30 minutes. The actual radiation is 20 minutes with a few minutes to get set up and finish. The treatments will be for two weeks. Between Kashina, my neighbor and my Lyft dsriver I should be able to get myself there. Once again, here we go.

No comments: