Friday, November 13, 2020

November 13, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Christmas Decorations.

This week Bradley installed the outside Christmas lights. They come on at 5:00 and turn off at 12:00. I like them and have kept them on. Ken loved outside Christmas lights so we had a lot. But when Ken could no longer put them up due to Parkinsons, he felt badly so I hired Bradley. They are all white and look elegant and lovely and the lights remind me of Ken's love for more and more Christmas lights, So they please me. Last year I put out no Christmas decorations inside because I was leaving mid December. But this year I asked Molly and Christina to come and put out my decorations. Most were given away but I have two boxes which Molly put out this afternoon. I give her full reign so things are put in unusual places but Molly is happy and so am I. Now the house has just the right amount of Christmas. Usually I decorate the day after Thanksgiving but this year I decided to enjoy the Christmas scene for just a little longer. I feel a bit like the stores and radio stations who are already running Christmas goods and music. I might just do it every year. But for now, I am grateful for Molly for placing objects around the house. They please me.

No comments: