Monday, November 9, 2020

November 9, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. My Pantry.

After Ken died, I was determined to eat all the food from the pantry. Over the years, Ken had ordered lots of boxes of food, somw of which we ate and some we did not. So I decided to eat everything in the pantry. I still have a few boxes that I feel sure should be thrown away. Then I was left with an almost empty pantry. No canned goods, no soups, no boxes of rice. So I sat down and replentished my supply at Amazon. But I made a few errors. I am now the proud owner of 6 very large cans of select cut green beans. The cans are industrial size. My pantry looks as if I was running a summer camp. I have figured out what to do. I will open a can and drain the juice. Then put the beans into plastic bags and put them in the freezer. I figure I have two years of canned green beans. In addition I have 24 cants of tune in water. Also 12 small cans of kernal corn. I also have 12 cans of vegetable soup. So Now my pantry looks almost full, although the contents are peculiar. Ken made several errors which we are still living with and laughing about. I have 18 bars of shower soap. And 6 unopened bottles of Plax. Fortunately there are just a few bars of chocolate which Molly still enjoys. But I have turned into Ken, ordering 6 huge cans of green beans. I just laugh when I look in the pantry. One day soon I will gather up my strength and pick up one of those huge cans. But not tonight.

No comments: