Tuesday, November 3, 2020

November 3, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Popeye.

Someone told me that the fried chicken at Popeye was good but I had never tasted it. But today when I was at the office of the radiation doctor I got hungry for friend chicken. My appointment was for 1:00 which is a difficult time. I was to see the doctor and also have a CT scan so I knew I would miss lunch. I ate a bit of a snack at noon and we left at 12:15 so I did fine but I was hungry when we left at 4:15. Kashina knew about 2 Popeys on the way home so we decided to bring some chicken home. I was hungry for fried chicken, something I have not eaten for months. Drive through is required. The first one we saw had a long line so we went to the one on County Line. I thought we were in good stead because there were only 2 cars ahead of us in line. But the wait was long and I was wishing I had not suggested we go to Popeys. Eventually we gave our order, then paid at the next window. Then we waited. And we waited. Finally the food was brought to the car and we headed home. My early dinner was delicious. I ate green beans and rice and red beans along with the fried chicken. I loved every bite and I bought extra to eat tomorrow. I am already looking forward to eating another biscuit along with the chicken. But the wait was not worth getting the chicken even though it is good. But for now, I will enjoy myself eating my fried chicken. It will be a long time before I have any more and will probably never go to Popeys.

No comments: