Wednesday, November 18, 2020

November 18, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. The Cutting Board.

I wanted to give a gift to my two neighbors who have been so kind to me during my radiartion. But I was unable to come up with anything clever, until I walked past the cutting board on the island in the kitchen. The board is thick and says "Ken's Kitchen". And it is handsome. On the back of the board is the name and number of the manufacturer so I was hoping the place was still in business. Much to my surprise, the same owner answered the phone. And he remembered my name. He reminded me of the time when he was starting his business and asked to present his product to the agents, which he did. But what he laughed about was that he was given one minute to make his case to the agents at the sales meeting. His product is a perfect gift for buyers. He told me that he still gets orderes from the Gateway agents. And his company is doing well and sells all up and down the east coast. He was delighted to chat with me. And I was pleased that he is still in business. This visit to the agents must have been 20 years ago. So I ordered two of the boards, which will be delivered in ten days. And he gave me a builder discount, just for old times sake. Pretty nice.

No comments: