Sunday, November 15, 2020

November 15, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Kind Deeds.

Thursday on the way home from radiation with my neighbor Donna, I mentioned that my stomach hurt and that I was a bit nausiated. The first thing she did when we got home was to bring me two containers of her home made soup. So not only did she did a kind deed by driving me to radiation but she also gave me home made soup, which I have been eating ever since. I eat a small portion at every meal. And one container is in the freezer. Friday, friend Carrie drove me to radiation. Saturday morning we were to go out for brunch. But at 8:00 I was forced to cancel due to lack of sleep and to nausea. At 6:00 that evening, she texted to ask if I would like to have her home made soup for supper. She and Brookes arrived with the soup, a batch of fresh rolls, a loak of home made bread, a tart made of slivered almonds and apricot and a container of chocolate mouse. Such an array of good food. I ate a small amount of soup and rolls. Today with Christina and Molly we ate a piece of the decilious tart. The goodies were indeed a kind deed. I have not been sleeping well since last Wednesday. When I told Christina, she urged me to contact the doctor on call, which I did. I actually spoke to the nurse, who got in touch with the doctor. She prescribed a sleeping pill which she called into the drug store. Of course, I have no way to get it as Kashina and Christina had gone home. So I called my Lyft driver Forrest. He immediately offered to pick up the prescription and bring it to me. No fuss nor muss. I reimbursed him for the meds and a bit more for his efforts. Once again, I observed a kind deed in action. I appreciated these three kind deeds and feel fortunate to have such friends. Amazing really, how kind people really are. I am grateful.

No comments: