Friday, November 20, 2020

November 20, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Radiation.

Now I must recover. The radiation is over. At the cancer center, they actually gave me a diploma, congratulating me on the completion of treatment. Evidently not every one finishes the program. I must admit that the whole process came as a surprise to me. Twenty years ago I had radiation and the only issue was fatigue. But I am 20 years older and the radiation was in a different place. But now it is over. I had lots of side effects. Nausea was an issue all the time. I actually started using the same medication for nausea that I took with my infusion chemotheraph. And my stomach hurt. Fatigue was constant. No energy at all. For two weeks I did not much more than go to radiation every day. Perhaps the worst part was my sleeping. I woke up after two hours and stayed awake. The doctor prescribed sleeping pills but they did not work plus they left me hung over the next day. I have a suspicious that I spent too much time thinking of the side effects. But now it is over and I will recover my energy bit by bit. And I am not taking any more of those wretched sleeping tablets. No scan to be done until the end of December. No point. I am ready to be energetic again. I am counting on it.

No comments: