Monday, November 23, 2020

November 23, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. E Mails.

I have always enjoyed the use of e mails. I like the jokes and stories people sent too. But right now, use of e mails is difficult because I receive so many. Sorting them is difficult. My most effecient e mail system was when I was working, where Regina read my e mails and responded the ones she could answer. Then she put on my desk the ones needing attention. In the early years of e mails, I could easily read and respond. But right now, I receive so many e mails every day that I have a problem with sorting and deleting and responding. I get hundreds every day. My present system is to scroll through and read the e mails from friends and relatives, then delete all the rest. I use the system friend Sara Lou taught me to move the e mails and note the ones for deletion. Then I hit the trash and they disappear. When I check e mails every day, the system works pretty well but it takes me at least an hour. But when I am not functioning well, such as the past two week, my e mails add up. On Sunday afternoon I attacked them, using Sara Lou's syste. But all of a sudden, when I was only half finished, all the e mails disappeared. Evidently, at the top is a caption saying delete all. I inadvertantly elimimnated them all both the ones I wanted to save and the ones I had not even seen. So if you e mailed me recently and I did not respond, please contact me again. I feel sure there is a better system of dealing with the hundreds of commercial and political e mails we all receive. But so far, I do not know what that might be. In the meantime, I still enjoy e mails from friends and family. I just need to get rid of all the rest.

No comments: