Wednesday, November 25, 2020

November 25, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Flowers.

Early this afternoon outside my front door appeared a flower anangement. I had looked out the front window to see if the trash truck had arrived. The trash was still awaiting pickup but flowers were waiting for me. The flowers had been sent to me by Suzanne, David and the girls, who were all enjoying Thanksgiving together at the lake. The note told of them sending the flowers to me just to tell me how thankful they are having me in their life. As I had been by myself all day, the beautiful flower arrangement gave me a shining part of my day. I loved them. Sending flowers as a gift are interesting and make no sense. After all, the flowers last a short time and it seems a waste of money. But there is something delightful about receiving flowers from your loved ones. After all, they know already they love you so why would they send flowers telling the same thing. Perhaps I am fragine and not yet back to normal, but receiving those flowers brough a jolt of sunshine to my day. Now this lovely flower arrangement made up of Autumn colors grace my bar and remind me that my family in Texas is thinking of me, which makes me feel better. At this time of Thanksgiving, I am grateful for my family most of all. And today I give thanks for my flowers.

No comments: