Thursday, November 5, 2020

November 5, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Isolation.

One of the difficulties of being isolated is that you begin to like the isolation, which I am sure is not a good idea. My covid test was on Friday morning and until the test results were given, I was required to isolate myself. The results come back in 2 days but then there were Saturday and Sunday. So everything for the weekend was cancelled. No shopping with Molly and no brunch on Sunday with Christina and the girls. And I was by myself on Monday too. Both Gill and I agreed when we were both quarentined that we kind of enjoyed being without any company. So I did well both in Nova Scotia and here in Mississippi. Kashina was working on Tuesday but she will not be working until next Monday so this week I am again alone. And I am fine. I am practicing for when I go to Mexico. This winter will be exactly the same as the summer, when I had no company at all. So far, no one is coming to visit me. The main difference is that none of my friends are also not going to Mexico so I will not have friends by the pool to talk to. In Nova Scotia I had local friends, plus my helper Anna, who worked two days a week. But this week I am practicing. Tomorrow I go to get the similation for the radiation. Then the radiation will begin next week, I hope. So I must get to the cancer center of the Baptist Hospital every day for two weeks. I will not be alone for those two weeks. Tomorrow, my Lyft driver will take me. I read an article a few weeks ago telling me to be connected as I age. Social contact is what they advocate for living a happy and long life. Biut what then about the quarentine and isolation required by the virus? Could not be good for a person. But both Gill and I have learned to like it. Interesting.

No comments: