Sunday, March 14, 2010

March 14, 2010. Mexico. Churchill.

It is a new biography written by Paul Johnson and it is worth a read. I liked it because you know everything about Winston Churchill from a distance, but I was not up to reading one of the many definitive biographies of this important man, so when this new brief book was published recently I bought it for my Kindle. I loved the book. It is breezy and quick to read. I started to read it late yesterday afternoon and I was finished by noon.

You learn the main facts of his life and you get the essence of the man, both the attributes and the warts, so by the end of this short book you are left thinking that you kind of know what he was like in the different situations of his life. Theodore Roosevelt did not like him and thought him rude and arrogant. It seems Churchill did not stand up when a lady entered the room. You can learn a lot from the life of Winston Churchill and reading this book is a good place to start.

No comments: