Wednesday, March 24, 2010

March 24, 2010. Chevy Chase, Md. Home Again.

It is interesting to me to notice today how many details and how many people must perform their task well for us to travel from Jackson, Mississippi to Bethesda, Maryland. If any one of those people fails in their task, our trip is delayed, and that does not mention the weather. Today every task was done in a timely pleasant manner. The whole trip was smooth. We left at noon, and arrived at the apartment at seven-thirty, with not a glitch anywhere. I started counting the number of folks involved with the trip, but finally gave up, but I was appreciative for all the good folks who performed their tasks well. We were flying Continental, first to Houston from Jackson, then to D.C. National airport. Even the Metro came quickly. Great trip from first to last.

The Metro is always interesting watching the diversity of the riders. Every kind of people from many places, with clothes both formal and casual are seen on the trains. It is fun watching . Washington is full of interesting people, and every person on the Metro has a story that I would love to hear. Three black young women were very excited to attend their event. They were bursting with enthusiasm, smiling and laughing and excited. But I never could figure out where they were going. They didn't talk loud enough for me to hear. A third of the riders were of foreign extraction, a third black and a third white, all driving together and getting home. I appreciate competence and today, I saw it in action, all day long. I appreciated it !!

No comments: