Thursday, March 4, 2010

March 4, 2010. Mexico. Flea Markets.

We had a mission. Joyce wanted a black cover-up which she was not able to purchase at the Mall. I suggested we take a visit to the flea markets on the beach. Ken thought there were two, but I felt sure there was only one. It turned out there were three between our place and the hotel. Joyce, Robbie and I set out walking the beach and soon found the one I remember. It is always fun to look around these markets. The stuff for sale is good quality and the sales people are unfailingly pleasant, but they do want you to buy their goods. I had forgotten to wear earrings so decided to look at all the jewelery.

Joyce quickly found her garment and bought it. I thought the prices were too high for my pocket book so I just looked, but while Joyce and I were looking and shopping, Robbie was busy falling in love with some wooden carvings and really wanted a dolphin. It was lovely, about 14" tall, with two babies right alongside, made from ironwood. It cost 75$. He showed me. I walked away and said it was too much money. Robbie walked away. Then the man asked Robbie how much he would pay for the dolphin, and Robbie said $50. The dolphin is now in their apartment and cost $55. In the meantime, I bought three small bowls to take to Suzanne and Christina, all for ten dollars. So much for not shopping.

Ken joined us but wanted to walk a bit so while Joyce and Robbie brought the purchases home Ken and I walked along the beach and arranged to meet Joyce and Robbie in a restaurant at the hotel. During the walk we found the two other flea markets and I bought my earrings for the price I could afford. It was great fun.

No comments: