Tuesday, March 2, 2010

March 2, 2010. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. Excursion.

It was the best of Museums, one that was interesting and informative but took only one hour to tour. The Vallarta Anthropological Museum was it's name, located in the heart of the old town on an island in the middle of the river. I have wandered along the island many times, looked at the shops and eaten at the restaurants but never seen the Museum. Joyce found out about the place when reading in the phone book, but no one we asked here in our resort knew anything about it. With the address in hand, we four took a taxi into down town Puerto Vallarta to find the Museum and find it we did. The building was new and small and told us the human history of the area by showing artifacts of the different cultures. Pots and objects from thousands of years ago, up till the arrival of the Spanish. It is astonishing that we had never seen this place before now.

A journey to Puerto Vallarta always gives pleasure and pain. I love being there with all the hubbub and chaos but getting there and back is scary. The drivers go so fast that it makes me wish I had stayed at home, until I get out of the cab and wander around and love it. Soon I have to get back into the cab to get home. Next time I will take a bus This Museum was worth the drive.

No comments: