Sunday, February 27, 2011

February 27, 2011. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. Facebook.

My friends from work have told me that I need to be on Facebook.  I have resisted,  until now.   Our friend Ann Smith, who is an artist, sent us an urgent directive for us all to join Facebook.  Ken looked up her facebook page, and he joined.  Next he joined me up too.  But he has not taught me how to use it.  When I am in Bethesda, I will ask my friend Sarah T. to get me up to speed.   She is more patient.

The problem with the whole concept is that it is so public.   I have always wanted my friends somewhat selective.   Now in the modern world,  people have hundreds of 'Friends' on their Facebook, thus rendering the term 'friends' redundant or obsolete.  Certainly a different term for friends than I ever thought.  But I must be modern and join the real world.  Now I must figure out how to use it for my own ends.   I thought that by writing my blog I could allow my friends and relatives to catch up with our travels, as well as providing information for the granddaughters.  But it is not enough.  Now I must be on Facebook, and must update it too.  Poor me.  Too soon old and too late smart.  That's me.  

No comments: