Thursday, February 3, 2011

February 3, 2011. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. Reality TV.

When we were in Texas for two weeks over Christmas I watched TV with David.  He knows I enjoy Antiques Roadshow so he tapes the shows and watches it later, usually with me.  He has that new  system that works beautifully.    Usually some or all of the girls join us.  They like it too.   While watching, we discussed the question of reality television and the fact that reality television was  seen everywhere.  It seemed to go from 'never seen' to 'see it everywhere',  just over night.  Of course, it came gradually, I just had not noticed.  He also taped a newer show 'Pickers' and we watched some of it too.  Both David and I agreed that reality television was everywhere on the tube.  

Ken and I were driving south and checked into a motel.  We ordered Pizza sent to our room and  turned on the  television.  The History Channel was our last resort so we waited until the commercials were over and found to our surprise "The Pawn Stars"were on.  We kept  the channel on,  one show after the next.  First, we were surprised that the History channel was showing the program, then wondered why they were showing the full years program on one evening, then we just relaxed and enjoyed the program.  It was fun.  We told David.  He recorded it.  We watched when we were in Texas.

We arrived in Mexico a bit sick, so one day I ate breakfast and lunch in bed, watching TV. and found yet another reality television show I enjoyed.  "The Dog Whisperer" is on the National Geographic channel and they were showing episodes one after another, all day until three o'clock when I finally quit.  I can't understand why that channel is showing that program, but they are.  I enjoyed watching the shows and have seen one or two of them since, but only one at a time.  I must tell David.

I am sure the reality television craze will end sooner or later, but for now, you spot them everywhere.  I have enjoyed them.

No comments: