Sunday, February 6, 2011

February 6, 2011. Vallarta Palace, Mexico. A New Home.

I am not sure to congratulate or castigate myself, but here we are, living in a lovely large two room suite, complete with two bathrooms, a sitting and dining room and two closets,  so I guess it was worth all my troubles.  We knew, when we bought into this place the rooms were not large, but we really expected to make use of this operation in The Dominican Republic so we didn't really care.   We checked into our room yesterday morning and discovered how small the room really was, especially coming from our condo which is large.  We settled in, put all our belongings in the drawers, then realized there were  few electrical outlets so called for help.  The staff was wonderful and immediately solved our problems.

This morning Ken and I had a meeting with the sales staff to update the Palace system.   The Manager stopped by to ask if we were happy with our accommodation.   That was his mistake.   I did tell him that the staff was wonderful as was the food but that our room was almost unlivable and outdated.  I gave details and made suggestions.  He apologized and asked to be excused for a moment.  When he returned, he offered us this new suite.  We accepted, even though we had to re-pack and settle into a new home.   The bell man came and carried all our bags yet again.  Now we are happy.  Now remember we are staying here for free.  When we bought into the program two years ago, we were given many free weeks so that is what we are using.  What a nerve for me to complain about free room and board, but I did and I am so pleased I did.  I'm getting smart now that I am getting old.

The moral of the story is that it pays to speak up, especially when you are pleasant!!

No comments: