Tuesday, February 8, 2011

February 8, 2011. Vallarta Palace, Mexico. A Hot Rocks Massage.

We both had them, eighty minutes of a Hot Rocks Massage.  I convinced Ken to have one, truth be told.  He has just recently been willing to take a massage, let alone the exotic hot rocks.  His increasing arthritis has made him more amenable to massages, including the hot rocks.    I love massages.  One Christmas, Santa gave me one massage every week for a full year.  Everyone assumed it was from Ken but it actually was my secret gift to myself.  I loved it.

Many years ago, on some trip to the south seas, I took a hot rock massage, but I did not like it.  I  can not recall what I did not enjoy about the treatment.  Since then, many folks have spoken highly of the technique so I persuaded Ken to have us both try them out.  Sure enough, it was great and we loved them.

It is hard to fathom, but since we have arrived on Saturday, which is four days,  we both have had, each,  a half hour back massage, a manicure and pedicure each (yes, Ken too),  and an eighty minute hot rock massage.   We are indulging ourselves because it all comes free with the admission.   It costs no more money and we are having a blast.  Who would have thunk it!!

No comments: