Thursday, November 10, 2011

November 10, 2011. Jackson, Mississippi. Anniversaries.

Today is an anniversary for me.  I have been retired for one year.   It certainly was the right time.   Ken and I have enjoyed  the year together driving here and there around the country and we have enjoyed our homes in remote spots.   But we have learned some things too.  Our trip to France was difficult for Ken so we will be slow to return.    It seems we don't have enough time to spend with the families in Texas and Mississippi so next year we will only stay two months in Mexico and we won't take a European trip.   We are still learning to be retired.

I still think being retired is a bit of a waste of time.  Indulging yourself is not something I was trained to do and being retired is all about asking   "what do we want to do today?"   I rather enjoy doing exactly what I am going to do today but on the other hand my work ethic kicks in and I wonder what I should be doing today.  But like everything else in life, being retired is a  task in process not an end result.  So I will do what I have always done is to ignore the parts I don't like and  pay attention to the parts of being retired that bring pleasure.

No comments: