Wednesday, November 9, 2011

November 9, 2011. Jackson, Mississippi. Christmas Cards.

I am one of those unusual people who actually enjoys writing Christmas cards.  I send cards to people who have been important to me over the years so when I write the card I remember the fond memories and it makes me smile.   I actually enjoy doing them.  And of course, I always write a short hand written note to each person.

As you would expect,  I have a system.  First I sign all the cards.   Next I address the envelopes and add the stamps and return address labels.  Then,  ten at a time, I write the short but personal note.  And I prepare them well ahead of time.   With all the time in the world available to me I have no excuse to be rushing at the last moment, so I take my time and get them ready.

Believe it or not, but my cards for Christmas 2011 are all ready to be mailed, which will be done early in December as we have a new address.   I recall the busy years when the Christmas cards were mailed well after the Holiday Season, but now I get them ready early.  I really do hate to be rushed!!

No comments: