Wednesday, November 23, 2011

November 23, 2011. Double D Ranch, Harper, Texas. Another Good Book.

My friend Wendy told me about this book and I am glad she did.   The title is "Emily's Ghost" and is written by a lady named Giardina.  It is a novel, a historical novel and is all about Emily Bronte and her family.   I prefer reading real history but have enjoyed several historical novels this year.  I had also read the book about Jane Austin called Jane's Fame which is not a novel.

This book is engaging and again makes me grateful to be living now rather than the nineteenth century.  The lives led by the women folk were narrow and rigid as shown in this novel.  Most of what we know about the Bronte sisters comes from Charlotte, who outlived all the others, so this novel dealing with Emily is an attempt to flesh out this peculiar lady.  It is worth the time to read this book.

No comments: