Monday, November 21, 2011

November 21, 2011. Harper, Texas. The Christmas Gift.

It is certainly the most unusual gift we have ever received but we accepted gratefully.  Our friends Robbie and Joyce are our closest neighbors at the ranch and they are good friends too.  Joyce called me this afternoon to ask if we would be comfortable accepting their Christmas gift.   "Feel free to say no", said Joyce.  By now, we are both laughing.

Next she asked if I had arranged a new cleaning service and I said "No".   She finally told me that  Robbie and Joyce are giving us a though cleaning at both the ranch house and the top house as our Christmas gift.  They will do it together, after hunting season is over but before we return in March.  I laughed so hard I could hardly respond but I was delighted with their gift and said  "Yes".

Our cleaning lady has quit.  She just told me recently.  Joyce and Robbie were having trouble thinking of a good gift for us so when she over heard me telling Suzanne, they decided to give us the one cleaning for Christmas.  It is a wonderful gift and is very timely.  They are good friends indeed.

No comments: