Sunday, November 13, 2011

November 13, 2011. Jackson, Mississippi. Alfie.

Five years ago, he was a new agent.   Yesterday he called to tell me that he was doing very well with his real estate business and he wanted to thank me for getting him started.   It was a  nice gesture on his part and I appreciated his call.   My response to him was to remind him what I had told him at the initial interview,  which was  that he had all the talents and  energy necessary for success as an agent.   Alfie said that he heard what I said but he did not believe me and figured that I said the same thing to everyone.  But he followed the program and kept going because he knew I believed that he had the talent and energy necessary for great success.

The truth is that over the years,  I had told  the agents everything I knew about how to be an excellent agent,  so now, even though I am not there, they can draw on past experiences to apply them to today.   The world is different and requires different skills and technologies but some things don't change.  It was very nice of Alfie to tell me that he appreciated my efforts.    He also wanted me to know of his success.  I was grateful for both.

No comments: