Thursday, November 24, 2011

November 24, 2011. Double D Ranch. Harper, Texas. Thanksgiving.

You  can not beat Thanksgiving as a holiday.  No one really needs to think about it, but merely buy and cook the turkey,  mashed potatoes and beans and call it a day.  And don't forget the gravy and cranberry sauce.  It is a wonderful meal.  And after a bit of football on TV,  serve the pumpkin and apple pie for dessert.   It is the nicest and easiest holiday of the year.  

Ken  and I celebrate Thanksgiving every day of the year so we are not really stuck on The Thanksgiving Holiday.  But I love the lack of stress and other responsibilities along with the gathering together of families and friends.  The song says that Christmas is the "most wonderful time of the year" but I will put my money on Thanksgiving as the most enjoyable celebration.  No gifts to exchange or religious tasks to honor, although both have their charm but  give me a good turkey dinner and a football game or two and I am a happy camper.  I love Thanksgiving!!

No comments: