Friday, February 8, 2013

February 8, 2013. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. Life.

A friend sent it to me and of course I tried it out.  It is the Northwestern Mutual Life Expectancy Calculator.   In other words,  it will tell you how long you are likely to live.   Now,  I am prone to reading the last chapter of a book so trying to look into the future is just up my alley, so I took the little test immediately because we all want to know when we are likely to die if for no other reasons that to spell out the money in the retirement account.

Now I may be in trouble because the little test says I will live until I will be 100.   I also took the test for Doreen and she will live even longer, to 101.   Ken refuses to take it but I will do it for him.  Also Don.   The problem with the chart is this.  If my healthy sister Carol had taken that same test a year ago,  they would have said she would live to be 100 too, but we all know that she died in June of this year at 77.  And my healthy cousin Diane in Vancouver would have come through the test with flying colors but she died suddenly at age 82 so I can see that the chart is not a guarantee.  But I am going to tell the boys and their spouses to  be sure they keep a bedroom ready for me.  At some point in my life, perhaps at 95, I will be ready to stay in one place and I will most assuredly be out of money!!

No comments: