Monday, February 4, 2013

February 4, 2013. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. The Internet.

Until Saturday evening, all has been well on the communications scene with us In Mexico.   The cell phones worked easily and the wifi in the condo had been quick.  Ken and I could access the Internet at any time of the day or night.   The signal came into the apartment on a phone line and then our own small white box plugs into the wall and sends the signal all over the place.   The system worked well for over four weeks.

Saturday evening, when we came home,  I was not able to access the Internet,  which means I could not write my daily report.    It was too late for the concierge to do anything about it but by Sunday noon the powers that be understood what had happened.   Unfortunately,  the problem could not be solved until this afternoon and even then, the system is slow.  Evidently, someone arrived on Saturday and plugged in their own wifi, which took down the buildings router.    A new system has been established but it is clearly not acceptable, at least not for us.

It is very interesting to note how quickly we accommodate  to new technology.   Not only do we want it running but we want it to be fast.    I must have spoken to the head man ten times this morning.  I hope I was polite.  But at least, now both Ken and I can do our work!!

No comments: