Monday, February 25, 2013

February 25, 2013. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. Repairs.

People have been staying in this condo all winter.  Ken and I moved in on Saturday from our own unit. We have needed the repairman for two issues, both which were ignored by the past owners.   I wonder if people just don't notice that things are not working or do they just not want to bother because they are on vacation?  Maybe at home, they put up with things not working properly?  Not Ken and me.  We want everything working and working properly.  I think it is in our DNA.

The first time I showered here I discovered that the drain was working but very slowly.  By the time I finished my shower, I had four inches of water in the tub.  The repairman found three big mats of stuff in the drain.  No wonder it did not work.  And the filter light in the fridge showed red, meaning that the filter needed to be cleaned.  Now both small items have been repaired and repaired promptly too.

Real Estate agents are often told by sellers that the switch has never worked or that one element on the stove doesn't work.   The good agents recommend to sellers when the house is going for sale, that all items be repaired.   I am always surprised why people put up with these non-operating items just as I was surprised to find a drain that did not work.  After all,  it takes only one phone call to the housekeeping department and it will be repaired quickly.  It makes no sense to me.  All OK now!!

No comments: