Sunday, February 10, 2013

February 10, 2013. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. Cleaning.

Marbella is her name.   Every Sunday she visits us in our condominium and she cleans the apartment. Now I have seen lots and lots of cleaning people over the years,  but none has done a better job than our  Marbella.     As I write, she has moved the furniture and rugs to sweep behind and under each piece.   And she mops the whole floor including the balconies.  The fan is cleaned too.   It is unusual in a large building to have the same cleaning person each week but we have been fortunate in having Marbella each week as she is thorough and exacting.

Of course, she also follows the orders she has been given,  which is to return every object to it's proper place.   If we are in the apartment, I stop her,  but if we are away,  she does her job well so that  upon our return, I am forced to move furniture,  and put the objects back to the place where I like them to be.  Normally a very ugly object resides in the center of the large dining table.   The first thing I do upon arrival is to move the fake flowers to the corner on the floor and every week, Marbella returns it to it's proper place whether or not it looks awful.   I know that she is required to do everything exactly the same way.  In fact, the supervisor will come and check to be sure all is done properly but when I am here, I stop her moving furniture and I have told her not to touch the dining table as it is covered with computers and paperwork.

Marbella is a treasure.  Oops.  The supervisor has arrived.  I will tell her all about Marbella and hope she does not notice all the furniture that is out of place so Marbella will not get in trouble.


No comments: