Saturday, January 10, 2015

January 10, 2015. Nuevo Vallarta, Mex. Doreen.

Ian suggests we call her Chief Cook and Bottle Washer, but that does not begin the extent of her role with us here in Mexico. So we don't know what to call here. Doreen thinks we should call her Friend but I want to give her a proper official title. I just don't know the word that would appropriate. Yesterday she accompanied me at my treatments. She speaks spanish so could converse with the very sweet nurse. Doreen is also a retired nurse so could ask pertinent questions and observe the protocols were in order. So far today, she gather the breakfast dishes and loaded the dishwasher. Then she and Don took a taxi to the big grocery store and came home loaded with groceries. Now the fridge, freezer and pantry are full. She and I put the groceries away together, then she fixed lunch for the two of them. Finally, she took herself off duty and went to the pool to read. As we all had eaten a late lunch, Doreen prepared sunset food for us while we watched football. Crackers and cheese, salami and olives, followed by ice crew. And of course, she loaded the dish washer, which is running right now. She really is a jack of all trades and certainly is taking good care of us, which is a godsend to us. But I still don't know what to call her. Perhaps I will call her Chief…or perhaps The General!!

No comments: