Thursday, January 15, 2015

January 15, 2015. Nuevo Vallarta, Mex. Reading.

Most of the time, our condo is quiet, because the four of us are reading. It is not that we don't talk to each other, but much of the time we are all reading. Right now, at 8:30 in the evening, Don is reading on his iPad while Doreen is reading on her Kindle or Kobo. Ken is reading a magazine. And every morning after breakfast, we spend all morning reading. During the afternoon, Don and Doreen go down to the pool, where they swim and hot tub…and read. It is the one thing we can all take ourselves away to somewhere else, even though we stay in the same place. Christmas morning we were sent a picture from Vancouver of the Buckley family, taken just after the presents had been opened. All four family members were surrounded by presents and every one was reading a book, undoubtedly a new book just opened. Dave and Irene always watch TV while reading a book and often when their families visit, all members can be found reading. It is a wonderful tradition to be a reader. I have always been grateful that I was brought up in a family who loved to read. No one ever told me to get my nose out of the book and do something useful. My parent knew I was setting myself up for lifelong pleasure.

No comments: