Sunday, January 18, 2015

January 18, 2015. Nuevo Vallarta, Mex. The tray.

The wood is lovely, with two dark stripes down the top to bottom. On the back it says,"To Ruth and Ken with love and memories of Sky Divers. From Gill. Feb. 19, 2013." The tray is made from one piece of wood and is 14"x18". At one end is a slight indentation area to allow objects to stay in place. Since Doreen and Don have been here, we have used this tray every night. We use it for our sunset food on the balcony. Ken, Gill and I had taken the trolley across the canal for lunch. When we got there, we realized there had been a market so before we ate, we looked at the objects for sale. Gill bought one of these lovely objects for herself but I demurred, saying that we would soon be leaving PV and we did not wish to leave more things in the locker. So Gill bought one for us. It has been in the locker for the past two years. The tray is made from a beautiful piece of wood and is just primitive enough to be charming. I thank Gill for giving us this tray. I can not imagine what I was thinking not wanting to buy it myself. Cheap I guess. But we enjoy it even more since Gill gave it to us. Thank you Gill.

No comments: