Friday, January 9, 2015

January 9, 2015. Nuevo Vallarta. Mex. Celebration.

Tonight we celebrated. My treatment went well in PV. The Oncologist is competent and pleasant and is using the same drugs and doses as my Mississippi Oncologist. The nurse too. The office is modern and the chairs comfortable. The time flew by. I am not usually a person who needs another along to lean on but having Doreen with me today was a huge help. We chatted with each other and with the doctor and nurse. The taxi driver found the office with no mistakes. The whole day was a success. Ken and I are relieved. So we celebrated by dining at The Riviera Grill, a restaurant just down the road. The chef is from Mexico City and is wonderful. All four enjoyed our dinner. When we left, they gave us a pineapple. Now I have never attended a healing service, when the preacher puts his hands on the infirm and shouts "Be Healed". But I have read about them. During my treatment, I was dozing. I looked up at the medicine bag as it dripped into my IV and heard a "Be Healed" in my mind. I laughed out loud. I think of the drugs as my medicine that is getting me better. My brain is instructing the bag of drugs to heal me, I guess. I discussed with the Oncologist the negative aspects of the term used for cancer, chemotherapy. She agreed. She further stated that cancer now is a sustainable disease, similar to several others which she listed to me. My next treatment is set in PV for February 2, 2015. Tonight we celebrated in style, dining outside at 80 degrees and listening to a singer playing old tunes. Life is good but never easy.

No comments: