Friday, January 2, 2015

January 2, 2015. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. Thin.

This is certainly not a scientific survey. This afternoon while eating ice cream and watching the beach crowd wander past, I commented to Ken that everyone was thin. I don't mean that most people were thin. Everyone was thin. I wonder if this is a trend? Or perhaps the round folks of the world are not attending beach resorts? Five years ago, lots of folks were more round than flat, but not this year. I observed the same thing over Thanksgiving at the Hard Rock Hotel south of Cancun but I put that down to the fact that that we were staying at a family resort, with many teens and parents in attendance. Paradise Village is a Time Share/Hotel and serves old and young. There are lots of teens and young adults along with oldsters like us and also the very young. But still we see no really round people. It is interesting to observes the difference. I am perhaps the most overweight person here, but even after eating ice cream I am 15 pounds lighter than in the summer so I am not actually obese. Perhaps the people of the world are getting thinner or perhaps the obese are staying away from resorts. This is a good trend. It is certainly nicer to see the thin of the world!! I wonder if this is accurate?

No comments: