Sunday, January 25, 2015

January 25, 2015. Nuevo Vallarta. Food Friends.

My error was actually correct. On Jan.21st, I had meant to write "my good friends", but what I ended up saying was "my food friends". I had made a mistake. But our good friends, Don and Doreen who came to look after us here in Mexico, were more correctly our food friends. The did all the shopping and Doreen cooked dinner each night so from now on, I will call them my good, food friends, and I would be correct. My nephew Norman brought this to my attention and for that I am grateful. He also spoke of the book "Eats, Shoots and Leaves" by Lynn Truss. I have the book someplace but I wish I could read it right now. It is a charming book, all about punctuation. First published in 2003, it remains a best seller. I loved the book. If anyone has not read it, buy it and keep in on your bed side table. I like to read it once a year, just to make sure I am doing things properly. Actually, I usually know when I make errors but I am doing it for a purpose. This little book will set you straight, but will do it with a chuckle. "Eats, Shoots and leaves", is well worth reading.

No comments: