Saturday, January 17, 2015

January 17, 2015. Nuevo Vallarta, Mex. My Present Life.

Gill warned me that my treatment would be no joke. She further told me to gather together my resources and strength for the ordeal. So I did. One of the items rolling around in my brain are all the songs and choruses that we sang as kids in the Salvation Army. If you were a young person in The Salvation Army you sang, so whirling around in my brain are snatches of those tunes, most of which are upbeat and cheery. When I walk, I sing them. People must think I am nuts but they make me smile…and they keep me going. Never in my life until now have I rested anytime I felt weary, but I do now. The first week of my treatment I rest three times a day. I close my eyes for an hour at a time. Throughout each day, I see no people other than Don, Doreen and Ken. Fortunately they are good company. But what gives my present life it's variety is my iPad. My friends e mail me reports of their lives, which gives me all the company I need. Over my life, I have been blessed by my friends and now they are all coming home to roost and for that I am grateful. In many ways, my life is odd but it also has charm. And of course, the temperature is 80 degrees every day!!

No comments: