Tuesday, January 6, 2015

January 6, 2015. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. Progress.

Ken has always been confident about my treatments in Mexico, but I was not so sure. We have been told that the Mexican medical authorities approve the same medications as the Americans, so again Ken was sure the drugs would be available for me in Mexico, but making the connections was the hard part. Then the two holidays interrupted work patterns. But on Monday, progress was made and now I actually have an appointment on Friday to have my next treatment in the office of the Oncologist's office in Puerto Vallarta. I spoke to the Oncologist the day after we arrived. She seemed pleasant and cooperative but communications became a problem. It ended up a problem at the Mississippi end, which surprised me. My patient records including drugs and doses needed to be sent to the Oncologist here. Even though I had approved the transfer of the records, the University would not allow the records to be e mailed. Unfortunately, no one uses a Fax machine any more, so on Monday we got stuck. Then I e mailed Christina, who spoke to my Doctor and her friend Dr. Gregg who figured out a way to e mail the records to me, which I then e mailed to the Oncologist here. It helps to have friends. Now we are set. We know the budget and I have an appointment on Friday morning. This is indeed real progress. I do not need to return to Jackson for my treatment.

No comments: