Monday, January 5, 2015

January 5, 2015. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. Control.

With many things in life, we have no control. How tall we are is certainly out of our control. As are the color or our hair. But what we can control is our response it what happens to us. This afternoon while taking a shower, my hair fell out. While I was shampooing, huge gobs of hair appeared in my hands. Just yesterday I looked at the mirror and realized that my hair had gotten long. The damp sea air makes curls so I was wondering if I should have my hair cut. But no longer. My hair has gone. I just laughed. This is early in the treatment for hair to depart but I just figure that the medicine is working. Now I have a bit of hair but no curls. My style is to keep control of the details of my life, but with this latest disease, I am not in charge at all of what has happened to me and to what will happened to me in the future. I have decided that the whole thing is just one big joke being played on me. So I will laugh right back and watch as the medicines repair the damage to my body. I will wear no wig but I will once again be a hat person. When I need to rest I will rest and I will control the part of my life that I can control, which is my attitude to my disease. I will do my best to control that part of my life…I hope. I guess you can call it my duty.

No comments: