Wednesday, January 7, 2015

January 7, 2015. Nuevo Vallarta, Mex. Hats.

For 23 years I wore a hat each Tuesday morning for sales meeting. I had not planned to wear a foolish hat every Tuesday, but that was what happened. Blame my friend Gary if you wish because he gave me my first hat, which I wore at the next meeting. From then on, agents began giving me hats, some beautiful and some ridiculous, and some even expensive. I wore every one in turn and loved them all. When I retired, I had my grandchildren select my hats one after the other until they were gone. They still turn up at Halloween time. The girls like them. Now I will again become a hat lady. My hair has fallen out so I must cover my head outside. I will not buy a wig but I will wear a hat. Right now I have two hats. One a floppy red hat with a wide brim and the other a tan color Australian type with a chin strap. They are both comfortable and look fine to me. But I am betting that cousin Rita, who is French and has great style, will march me off to the hat store in our local mall and encourage me to purchase some spiffy new hats. Then I will really be in style, probably for the first time in my life!!

No comments: